Health and Safety Update: Limited Outdoor Operations Beginning May 15th
|Dear Chester Gap Cellars community,
We hope you and your loved ones remain healthy during this difficult time.
The Governor has approved our winery to move to the prescribed Phase 1 reopening of operations. Beginning Friday, May 15th, we are permitted to open under certain restrictions, and we intend to do so.
We have been working with the Virginia Wineries Association and our staff to develop safety protocols for the unique space here at Chester Gap Cellars. Our goal is to keep everyone safe and healthy while allowing you to come out and get some fresh air and relaxation… please be patient with us as we implement and enforce the following “rules”
- Outdoor seating only on a first come first served basis. We are not taking reservations at this time. No guests will be permitted indoors except to use the restroom. We will have many picnic tables, chairs and new benches throughout the property. Upon arrival, please find one of these spaces for your group’s use. **We will be limited with our capacity. If you arrive, and we are unable to seat you, you may wait in your vehicle for space to open up, or please visit us again sometime soon (we want to allow everybody to enjoy the property… but we are being capacity restricted)
- When you arrive, please make yourself known to Chelsey or Jeff (if we don’t see you arrive). We will take your wine or food request and deliver it to you. We will have a remote payment system, so you need not come inside to pay.
- Face masks required while moving about the premise. Once you begin drinking wine at your space, masks not required.
- All parties of 10 or less will be seated at tables or chairs, which will be separated by a minimum of 6 feet. No groups of greater than 10 are permitted.
- Bottle sales only – we will not be offering tastings or wine by the glass. Any bottle you don’t finish, you are permitted to recork and take home with you.
- All cups, utensils, plates, etc will be disposable. We ask that as you leave, you place the items in one of the several trash bins we will have located throughout the property.
- Each table/ chair/ bench will be wiped down with disinfectant after each guest leaves.
- Chelsey and Jeff want to catch up with you… but will have to remain at least 6 feet away from you and we will be wearing gloves and masks.
Thank you so much for sticking with us. We are not trying to be draconian with these rules, we just want all of our Chester Gap Cellars family to remain healthy, so you can visit us for years to come.
We look forward to supporting each other during these challenging times.
Jeff and the Chester Gap Cellars Team
About Our Winery
Chester Gap Cellars is a small Virginia estate winery with scenic tasting room near Front Royal, VA. We look forward to welcoming you to taste our small production, high-quality red and white wines, while taking in our breathtaking view of the mountains and valley below. Read More
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 11am to 6pm
Holidays: Open most holiday Mondays.
We’re located at 4615 Remount Rd, Front Royal, VA 22630, just a few minutes off of Route 66.
Reserve a tasting if you have a large party:
Let us know in advance if your large party is planning to visit our tasting room. For groups larger than 6, please make a reservation either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone call: (540) 636-8086. Thank you for your consideration.